It is normal we all encounter times when we feel weak, down and out of rhythm with life around us. Those situations can really originate from our emotional state.
Here’s some practical advice for fighting the procrastination and confusion that can originate from this state.
First of all whenever we feel this happening, we must make our body and mind feel at ease. Relax and consciously see what and why is happening and try to figure out what we can do to overcome it.
It is a process of controlling those vicious cycles that make us attack ourselves never finding a solution to what is really challenging us.
Here are some practical actions you can take to instantly strengthen your reaction to any challenge that weakens you:
- Reading a good book helps with dealing a challenging situation, by making us expand our horizons, relax and get our mind in working mode to solve anything that comes. Reading is a function that involves not only mental processes but also emotional ones and in some cases can affect us physically, so it is a great way to blow off steam.
- Go for a walk and get those juices pumpin’! It is a proven way to get the body in motion and those mind cogwheels get moving in order to find solutions. Hell, even Nikola Tesla “invented” the Tesla coil during one of his walks in the park!
- Taking a shower really cleans you not only physically, but mentally too. How many times have you had the feeling of being new again after taking a shower? Like rebirth. The soothing touch of water on our body has a relaxing effect and recharges our batteries.
- Eat light and only when hungry. Those refrigerator raids every 10 minutes are not the proper way. Over consumption of food is a symptom of depression. So, eat only when hungry and eat quality food.
- Find a hobby, something that will fight mental and physical stillness.
- Smile. Even if there is nobody around to smile to, smile in the mirror. A smile affects emotional well-being and gets you in a positive state.
- Get a haircut and wear happy and bright colors. By taking care of your image, you will feel a new person and get positively charged for dealing with just about everything! The colors we choose to wear, reflect our emotional state. So, would you want to be someone who wears black and dark colors, or someone who radiates colors inside and out?
- Visualize a ball with everything that you are concerned about inside, and kick it as far as possible! See it fly away. It is a ball, it will probably bounce back but at least for now, it is away from yourself. It is a nice little mental game to play but it works.
We don’t have the right to be sad and depressed.
There is so much we can do in every situation, we just need a bit of preparation, programming and a will to do things. We really have built in powers to deal with everything that comes our way.
Just believe you can do this and not fall back at the first sign of difficulty.